Friday, September 7, 2007

Whimsey finished for International Vintage Banner Swap


This was the first time I've made a banner...quite fun...the more I would dig in my boxes of goodies, the more embellishments I found. Vintage sewing pattern, vintage tatting (picked up at the "Caring Place") purchased quite some time ago...someone spent so much time on it and the delicate rose colored lace that resulted is pretty surrounding the banner.

Also used a Perrier de Jouet ribbon, shabby tags (one says Made in America -- my swap Partner was delighted to be receiving something from the U.S.), glitter and a Victoria's Secret garter that I cut up and tea-stained and then affixed to the top. Finally, a couple of sea shells and some beads to dress it up a bit. Hope she likes it!

I got a glimpse of the banner I'll be receiving, and it's DELIGHTFUL! All the way from Germany, by Svenja (artcreations).

No comments: